Toad on Fresh Air Radio – 4th November 2009
I am back on Fresh Air Radio this evening, although unfortunately not accompanied by the lovely Ruth, as she’s not feeling well. However, to keep the loveliness quota nice and high, the extremely lovely Diana de Carrabus from Candythief will be playing live in session for us this evening.
She may be named like a dastardly Bond villainess, but Diana’s music is theatrical pop joy. A somewhat stripped-down set is required in the tight confines of the Fresh Air studio, however, so it will be just herself and an acoustic guitar, accompanied by violin.
On air 7pm-8.30pm GMT – listen here.
The tracklisting will be updated live below, so feel free to add your comments in as we go along.
1. Eef Barzelay – Make Another Tree
2. Elbow – Station Approach
3. Candythief – Bargains (Live in Session)
4. Son Volt – Sultana
5. Alex Ward – Sounds Like Someone We Know
6. Timber Timbre – Magic Arrow
7. Candythief – Pass It On (Live in Session)
8. Betty Harris – Mean Man
9. Seasick Steve – The Letter
10. Wild Beasts – Two Dancers (I)
11. Candythief – Amnesty (Live in Session)
12. King Charles – Beating Heart
13. REM – Disturbance at the Heron House
14. Felix Lighter – The Rational Pedestrian
15. Candythief – Junk (Live in Session)
And here, for those who missed it, is last week’s session with Thomas Western. The sound is rather scratchy unfortunately, but I am still getting used to the desk. To those who care, I think it’s his guitar mic which was clipping, not the vocal one, because the two were very close together:
Thomas Western – Fresh Air Session and Interview
Thomas Western – The Worm Forgives the Plough (Live on Fresh Air)
Thomas Western – Your Front Door (Live on Fresh Air)
And the accompanying videos:More: alex ward, betty harris, candythief, eef barzelay, elbow, felix lighter, king charles, rem, seasick steve, son volt, thomas western, timber timbre, wild beasts