Tapeheads & Meursault, Avalanche & Tours
The reason is simply that there is a lot of label news happening at the moment, and I really don’t want to overwhelm the blog with label chat if I can avoid it. I am sure lots of you come here for reasons other than me trying to sell you things to pay for that yacht in the Caribbean we record labels generally aim for.
So, the news this week, in bullet point form for the lazy, is this:
1. Inspector Tapehead to play in-store at Avalanche Records on Thursday 30th September.
2. Meursault UK and European tour booked for October/November, with showcase gig at the Caves on the 25th.
3. The Stormy Seas added to the bill for the Inspector Tapehead album launch on the 30th.
1. Instore! Yep, the Tapeheads are currently touring the UK in the Toad Van (the shit one which works, not the cool one which doesn’t), but in advance of their album launch show on Thursday 30th September they are playing an in-store gig at Avalanche Records on Cockburn Street. This will start at around half five when the store closes, I guess, and I will bring a case of beer as an additional inducement.
2. Tour! Having had a hectic festival season, Meursault have been taking a bit of a breather for the last month or so. And they’ll need it because their October/November schedule is going to be hellishly busy, with a UK and European tour booked in back to back. The whole thing is kicking off with a headline show at the Caves in Edinburgh on the 25th October, supported by Port Royal and Enfant Bastard – tickets here.
25 Oct 2010 – The Caves, Edinburgh
26 Oct 2010 – Head of Steam, Newcastle
27 Oct 2010 – The Harley, Sheffield
28 Oct 2010 – Royal Park Cellars, Leeds
30 Oct 2010 – The Luminaire, London
31 Oct 2010 – The Playhouse Bar [free entry show], Norwich
2 Nov 2010 – Star & Garter, Manchester
3 Nov 2010 – Stereo, York
4 Nov 2010 – Dexters, Dundee
5 Nov 2010 – Beach Ballroom, Aberdeen
6 Nov 2010 – Stereo, Glasgow
19 Nov 2010 – Oh Galery, Caen, FRANCE
20 Nov 2010 – International, Paris, FRANCE
21 Nov 2010 – Planet Claire Session, Paris, FRANCE
22 Nov 2010 – Dwaze Zaken, Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS
23 Nov 2010 – Piala Libri, Brussels, BELGIUM
24 Nov 2010 – Musikbunker, Aachen, GERMANY
25 Nov 2010 – Schlachthof w/ Telekinesis [tbc], Wiesbaden, GERMANY
26 Nov 2010 – Spart 4, Saarbrucken, GERMANY
27 Nov 2010 – Cave du Bleu Lezard, Lausanne, SWITZERLAND
28 Nov 2010 – Le Lounge, Marseille, FRANCE
30 Nov 2010 – Stadtgarten, Erfurt, GERMANY
1 Dec 2010 – Morph Club, Bamberg, GERMANY
2 Dec 2010 – Feinkostlampe, Hannover, GERMANY
3 Dec 2010 – Gaengeviertel, Hamburg, GERMANY
4 Dec 2010 – Schlachthof, Aurich, GERMANY
5 Dec 2010 – [venue tba], Groningen, NETHERLANDS
3. Stormies! At the time I did the first posters for the Inspector Tapehead album launch we only had Humble Soul heroes The Miserable Rich and the Tapeheads themselves confirmed to play the show, but the Stormy Seas have since been confirmed as the final piece of the jigsaw. The gig is taking place at the Edinburgh School of Art’s Wee Red Bar on Thursday 30th September, and tickets can be purchased here.
This is a co-promotion with my friends Tallah and Jim from This is Music, and Ali and Elaine from A&E Promotions. The technical term for several promoters working together is is, I believe, a Clusterfuck, and the new flyer can be seen below:a&e promotions, avalanche records, humble soul, inspector tapehead, meursault, miserable rich, stormy seas, this is music, wee red bar