Friday is Doing Shuttle Runs
Anyhow, today I am charging back and forth from Carluke, where we are getting some mastering done for the label, to the house, to the printers to collect some promo material, to the house to get them couriered down to London and then back to Carluke once more. I don’t know if I’ll need a pint or a nap more desperately by the time all this shit is done.
I am also bracing myself for a little bit of trouble with the fearsome Mrs. Toad. I may have queried Record Store Day a fair bit this week, but that doesn’t mean I’m not looking forward to it, and I am most certainly going to be out of bed sharpish to trundle into town on Saturday and see what’s what.
Where this may prove to be a controversial decision is that Mrs. Toad has been away in God Bless America for the last week and only gets back on Saturday morning, and I would guess that she might anticipate a little more love and attention than ‘Hello darling, nice to have you back, but I’m off to the shops and I’ll see you in a few hours’. Ah well, some people are football widows, and Mrs. Toad is a music widow. Them’s the breaks.
Anyhow, in the meantime, I should stop wasting time and get on with wasting time.
1. Your favourite form of exercise.
2. Your least favourite form of exercise.
3. Which hobby always takes up just a little more of your time than any partner might reasonably be expected to understand?
4. We were too disorganised this year, but what should Song, by Toad Records do for Record Store Day in 2012?
5. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
Luna – Dear Diary
Pearl Jam – Bu$hleaguer
Beck – Guess I’m Doing’ Fine
Yo La Tengo – Upside Down