I remember getting in trouble at my former day job a couple of years ago for writing something rather negative about that awful sensation of being back at your desk after the excesses and indolence of Christmas. I am not feeling negative about it now, which is good given I am self-employed, but I am certainly struggling to spark my brain back into something resembling life at the moment.
So yes, I have two new releases to get moving, by Jesus H. Foxx and The Leg, and I have five Toad Sessions to get edited and published, and a split 12″ to record (starting in about a week), so whether or not it proves to be a challenge, the old grey matter has to be brought back to life somehow, be it kicking and screaming or otherwise.
Direct download: Toadcast #207 – The Sparkcast
Subscribe to the Toadcasts on iTunes
Subscribe to the Toadcasts on Mixcloud
01. Jesus H. Foxx – So the Wind Won’t Blow it All Away (00.13)
02. The Ramones – Blitzkrieg Bop (07.47)
03. Post War Glamour Girls – Suburban Barbarian (14.40)
04. Now Wakes the Sea – Another Pair of Hands (18.32)
05. Orienteers – Do You Hear What I Hear? (23.23)
06. Damon Moon & the Whispering Drifters – Seasonal Suite No. 62 (32.40)
07. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah – Is This Love? (41.27)
08. The Specials – Gangsters (44.30)
09. Simone Felice – New York Times (48.59)
10. Spectral Park – The Thief’s Journal (57.04)