Friday is Going to be Running Around Like a Blue-Arsed Fly
Oh, before I forget, it’s the Song, by Toad Readers’ Vote coming up next week – so get thinking about your top five songs and top five albums ready.
Anyhow, today Dylan and I will be charging around town today collecting horrendous tinsel, awful Christmas lights and the PA, before repairing to Summerhall to get everything set up for tonight. It’s a good thing I am not in a band; I am developing a pathological hatred of flight cases.
Anyhow, the cheaper £7 quid tickets for tonight will still be available until about 3pm, after which you will be paying a tenner on the door. And of course there are all the other inducements I have mentioned already: Toad Beer and cupcakes, new Toad t-shirts and tote bags, 15% off everything at the merch table, free new King Post Kitsch EP for the first fifty people through the door, and two new label signings to announce. See you there? Well, assuming you live in Edinburgh I suppose.
In the meantime, while I am lugging flight cases and tinsel around Edinburgh, have a go at these five questions:
1. When was the last time you had to carry a lot of heavy shit?
2. Where have you seen the most awesomely tacky Christmas decorations?
3. Do you attend your office Christmas party with enthusiasm or trepidation?
4. Which is your favourite end of year music list or top ten thingy?
5. Do you actually like turkey and stuffing and so on?