What the fuck am I doing calling something a Currycast, I hear you ask. Music cannot be curry-themed, and nor is it. This is called the Currycast simply because I am visiting my Granddad in Manchester and he has just asked me to cook a curry for him tomorrow night.
I have never cooked curry before, and Mrs. Toad makes such a fine one that I have never really been motivated to have a go, myself. Why bother making the second-best curry in the house, after all. However, I made a gigantic leg of roast lamb today, so there are lots of leftover bits of cabbage, carrots, lamb juice and bits to make a fine stock base, and so as long as the flavour is right the richness should be okay.
Despite being raised abroad, when we were kids roast dinners in my grandparents’ house were amongst our most vivid memories, so the fact that me and my little brother get to come here ourselves to cook roast dinners now is a really nice feeling. It feels like we’re helping to continue a tradition in which we were raised, despite the fact the he lives in America and I in Scotland means neither of us spend much time in Manchester these days.
Direct download: Toadcast #253 – The Currycast
Subscribe to the Toadcasts on iTunes
Subscribe to the Toadcasts on Mixcloud
01. Inspector Tapehead – I Am Your Pedigree (00.12)
02. Mothersday – Shoulder Soldier (08.59)
03. King Post Kitsch – Blood and Glitter (15.52)
04. Flutes – Auld Archie (20.11)
05. Flume – Star Eyes (24.33)
06. Sweet Baboo – Let’s Go Swimming Wild (32.12)
07. Harness Flux – Stockholders (38.41)
08. Nehemiah St. Danger – Nehemiah St-Danger Lost and Alone in a New Paradigm (Venus of the Tumbling Towers) (44.15)
09. The Hand to Man Band – The Down Moveables (46.42)
10. Adios Amigo – Take Me to Heaven (54.01)
11. Meursault – Song For Martin Kippenberger (Jonnie Common Remix) (1.01.11)