The Plumbcast is so named because we are currently having an awful time with plumbers. My flat in Leith has a leak into the flat below and we’ve had three different fucking plumbers out to look at the thing and they just can’t find anything wrong. Couple that with a general lack of desire to take on a difficult job – and after all why would you when there are far easier jobs out there for good money – and we are having a godawful fucking time with the plumbers of Edinburgh and the moment.
Anyhow, domestic frustrations aside, this is a fine podcast of, for once, the very best new music. I know I am usually all over the place when it comes to the timely playing of exciting new songs, but I think this week’s playlist is fairly on the ball for a change. I have stuff from the new Pictish Trail and Rick Redbeard albums – both out around now – new tunes by Anna-Anna and The Leisure Society, and a couple of fresh from the vine Toad Session recordings.
Yep, we are the new NME. Probably.
Direct download: Toadcast #257 – The Plumbcast
Subscribe to the Toadcasts on iTunes
Subscribe to the Toadcasts on Mixcloud
01. The Yawns – Butterfleyes (00.20)
02. The Leisure Society – The Sober Scent of Paper (07.03)
03. Woodpecker Wooliams – Crow (Toad Session) (13.20)
04. Samantha Crain – Churchill (Toad Session) (17.56)
05. Anna-Anna – Marianne Will Live Forever (24.37)
06. Meursault – Dearly Distracted (Seb Reynolds Remix) (30.42)
07. Rick Redbeard – Any Way I Can (39.45)
08. The Pictish Trail – I Will Pour it Down (45.06)
09. Roy’s Iron DNA – Under My Skin (51.24)
10. Old Earth – Nonetitled (58.19)