Yep I feel a bit like I’m emerging from hibernation at the moment. Something about the way Christmas and New Year fell this year completely obliterated two weeks, and this week has been spent mostly trying to slow the levels of alcohol intake from Oliver Reed levels down to about George Best ones.
I’ve also been trying to force my sleep patterns to return to something vaguely resembling normality as well. I have been an absolutely appalling weakling in the face of that ‘oh just one more episode’ syndrome you develop when you have access to entire series of TV shows at once, so I’ve been staying up until five and six in the morning watching one absolutely terrible TV show after another.
I can’t even claim it was something decent like The Wire or Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad, it’s all been absolutely dismally shallow and repetitive crime and supernatural series. Fucking dreadful. WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO MY BRAIN? Anyhow, you can see how I am having a little bit of trouble getting back into gear for the new year, can’t you. Fucking hell, WAKE UP, BOY!
Direct download: Toadcast #287 – The Hibercast
Subscribe to the Toadcasts on iTunes
Subscribe to the Toadcasts on Mixcloud
01. Clem Snide – Delight (00.22)
02. The Left Outsides – The Third Light (04.47)
03. Brown Brogues – Split Disc (Toad Session) (11.17)
04. Samantha Crain – Paint (14.39)
05. Water of Life – Sources and Springs/Abercrombie, 1949 (21.57)
06. Falling Stacks – White Wild Hare (27.37)
07. Waylon Thornton – Mustache (33.42)
08. Deathcats – Cowabunga Surf Jam (35.32)
09. The Twilight Sad – The Wrong Car (Live with the RSNO) (41.50)
10. Clem Snide – The Ballad of St. Paull (51.24)
11. Mothersday – Motion Sickness (59.25)