Welcome to 2013, Toadcast listeners. As is tradition around these parts, we start the year with a podcast of songs we will be releasing this year on Song, by Toad Records, combined with a few we have released quite recently.
There are a few things I didn’t put on here, because it seemed a shame to spill the beans too early – we have a new Rob St. John single coming soon, as well as a new album by The Leg and that collaborative album between Jill from Sparrow and the Workshop, Neil and Pete from Meursault, Rory from Broken Records and Reuben Taylor and Rob St. John – but it didn’t feel right to play anything from those just yet.
What we do have is new stuff from Trips and Falls, stuff from our next split 12″ with Magic Eye, Zed Penguin, Le Thug and Plastic Animals, as well as brand new and hugely exciting label signings Adam Stafford and Sparrow & the Workshop, who we’ll be doing a couple of EPs with as they prepare their new album.
All in all, this is going to be a fucking amazing year for the label, I think, and I am really, really looking forward to it. Hopefully by the end of this podcast, so will you.
Direct download: Toadcast #255 – Song, by Toad Records 2013
Subscribe to the Toadcasts on iTunes
Subscribe to the Toadcasts on Mixcloud
01. Sparrow & the Workshop – Shock Shock (00.26)
02. Meursault – Lament For a Teenage Millionaire (05.37)
03. LeThug – New Balance (11.21)
04. Plastic Animals – Best Friend (16.37)
05. Adam Stafford – Vanishing Tanks (25.21)
06. Yusuf Azak – Go Native (31.53)
07. Lil Daggers – Faces and Names (33.59)
08. Trips and Falls – Freedom of Homogeneity (45.44)
09. Magic Eye – Golden Circle (52.17)
10. Zed Penguin – Letters (56.17)
11. Rob St. John – Doomino (1.07.43)