The Lithpcast is named after the rather impressive lisp I have developed since my dentist yanked my front-left incisor out of my mouth the other day and replaced it with empty space and stitches. There will be a new tooth bunged in there at some point, for the time being I have a rather uncomfortable denture which I don’t wear, a bad lisp, and a general sense of trepidation about how I am actually supposed to fucking eat.
The tunes this week are somewhat defined by the fact that various things have nudged me out of the way of new music, so there is a lot of Song, by Toad Records stuff, but for some reason also a lot of profoundly obscure other songs too.
I feature three really good compilations put together by other folk, a wee plug for a pal’s label, and there’s even time for some surprise Chumbawamba. Who could possibly resist.
- Blood of the Bull – Hold Your Head Up High and Go Fuck Yourself (00.22)
- Wendell Borton – Saucy (06.39)
- Joyce Delaney – Don’t Be an Asshole (09.41)
- Dead Fader – Nightmare Sequence (13.36)
- Chumbawamba – New York Mining Disaster 1941 (23.07)
- Garden of Elks – I Hid Inside (26.44)
- Super Inuit and Jessica Schouela – Blue-Greens (32.36)
- Call to Mind – Breathe (36.37)
- Youngstrr Joey – Listen to Antique Pony Too Much (42.20)
- Don’t Die – What is Luvv (Haddaway cover) (48.23)
- Davina Shell – All the Things She Said (t.A.T.u cover) (52.00)
- Virgin of the Birds – Spooky, Stony, Barely Over Thirty (unmastered) (59.22)