Epicast because this is indeed epic. A double-length podcast – well, almost – and all for the reason that I simply have to clear the decks a little. Next week I go away to the States for SXSW and after that I shall be driving Meursault on their first US tour.
With next week’s podcast being the Adam Stafford Toad Session, the week after that being our traditional SXSW one in Peej’s back yard, and fuck knows what I’ll manage whilst on tour, this means that anything not played this week will be both woefully out of date and quite possibly (shamefully) forgotten by the time I get back. Besides, my inbox will build up so much after a month in the States that I’ll be overwhelmed with new things by that point and barely able to process anything else.
So yes, an epic podcast, almost two hours long, but if you have the patience for both the length and my drunken rambling, then one which will reward you with some truly excellent new music. This really takes me back to the early days of the podcasts, back when I would get utterly obliterated and play songs for hours until I could barely speak. Awful for the listener, I imagine, but kind of nostalgic for me.
Direct download: Toadcast #292 – The Epicast
Subscribe to the Toadcasts on Mixcloud
Subscribe to the Toadcasts on iTunes
01. Panda Kid – A Long Long Summer (00.26)
02. Timber Timbre – Hot Dreams (06.47)
03. David Thomas Broughton – Problems (17.44)
04. Tissø Lake – Carnival (20.56)
05. The B-52s – Rock Lobster (27.44)
06. alansmithee – Half Measured Man (38.22)
07. Passion Pusher – Life in Transit (44.12)
08. iLLshORE – All Night (45.54)
09. Benjamin Shaw – Goodbye, Kagoul World (52.32)
10. Keel Her – Go (1.01.24)
11. Fear of Men – Luna (1.03.50)
12. Jargon Party – Lucy Melanie (1.10.32)
13. Miserable – Bell Jar (1.14.56)
14. Le Thug – Paints (1.22.17)
15. Magic Eye – Bollywood (1.26.55)
16. Sean Armstrong – Bright Review (1.33.03)
17. Glaciers – Cryptomeria (1.36.02)
18. Passenger Peru – Dirt Nap (1.45.31)